• 1 1/2 sticks of unsalted butter, room temperature
• 3/4 cup of brown sugar
• 3/4 cup of white sugar
• 1 cup of Chocoday
• 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
• 2 eggs
• 2 cups, plus 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
• 1/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa
• 1/2 tsp baking soda
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 1 cup of chocolate chips
• 1/2 cup of chopped Cashewnuts
1. Beat the butter, sugars, Chocoday: Preheat oven to 350°F. Beat the butter in an electric mixer for 3 minutes until light and fluffy.
Add the brown sugar, white sugar, and Chocoday and mix well, scraping down the sides of the bowl to ensure even mixing.
2. Add eggs, vanilla extract: Add the eggs, one at a time, beating for 30 seconds between each. Add the vanilla extract and mix for 10 seconds.
3. Whisk dry ingredients, add to butter mixture: Whisk together the flour, cocoa, salt, and baking soda (do not skip this step as sifting eliminates clumps of cocoa).
Mix into the butter mixture on low speed until fully incorporated, scraping down the bottom and sides at least once to ensure even mixing.
4. Add chocolate chips and Cashewnuts, chill 10 min: Fold in the chocolate chips and cashewnuts and refrigerate the dough for ten minutes.
5. Spoon onto lined cookie sheets and bake: Spoon tablespoon-sized drops of dough onto parchment paper lined cookie sheets. Bake at 350°F for 10-12 minutes.
Allow to cool on the sheets for a minute or two before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling.